Do something DIFFerent when the 11th Annual Dallas International Film Festival returns to the Angelika at Mockingbird Station March 30 – April 9!
Over 10 days, festival attendees have access to 150 screenings from around the globe including feature films, documentaries and shorts, plus panel discussions, galas, and parties.
The first 11 selections for this year’s festival have been announced, many of which have garnered critical acclaim at other notable film festivals including Sundance, Toronto, and New York:
- The world premiere of Jameson Brooks’s Bomb City, part of DIFF’s Texas Competition
- The world premiere of Micah Barber’s Into the Who Knows!
- Stefan Avalos’s Slamdance Film Festival Winner (Grand Jury Prize & Audience Award, Best Documentary) Strad Style, part of DIFF’s Deep Ellum Sounds section
- François Ozon’s Frantz
- Sarah Adina Smith’s Buster’s Mal Heart, starring Robot’s Rami Malek
- James Gray’s The Lost City of Z
- Jason Headley’s A Bad Idea Gone Wrong, part of DIFF’s Texas Competition
- Tony Schaff’s 44 Pages, documentary on the surprising story of Highlights magazine
- Matt Schrader’s Score: A Film Music Documentary,part of DIFF’s Deep Ellum Sounds section
- Steve James’s Abacus: Too Small to Jail
- Alejandro Molina’s The Present Ones (Los Presentes)
Festival passes are on sale online now, and the physical PreKindle box office opens March 20.